- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course presents the actions, policies, strategies and management systems required by day-to-day operations of buildings through the integration of building controls. This course is to give a full understanding of how to operate and maintain a building automation system and how to use that system to improve the ongoing energy efficiency of facilities operations.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Review and extract information from balancing reports.
- Review and extract information from commissioning reports and shop drawings.
- Create a daily log and determine what is required to be recorded.
- Set up trends and alarms.
- Apply information provided by alarms and history reports.
- Determine the sequence of operations of the system and compare it to shop drawings.
- Justify which points are meant to be in automatic or manual.
- Complete seasonal end-to-end checks on all the major mechanical inputs and outputs (retro-commissioning).
- Perform simple diagnostics on systems.
- Outline management systems to support ongoing maintenance and efficient operations of buildings through use of controls systems.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Controls and Operations Management (CESA 5820) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Building Controls & Energy Management
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Controls and Operations Management (CESA 5820)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.