Covers advanced topics in industrial hydraulics controls such as variable displacement pumps, load sensing circuits, pilot controls and electro-hydraulic circuits. The course delivery combines practical exercises with discussions of typical industrial applications and lectures.
Below is one offering of FPWR 2000 for the Fall 2022 term.
Sat Oct 15 - Sat Nov 05 (4 weeks)
- 4 weeks
- CRN 49106
Class meeting times
|Oct 15 - Nov 05||Sat||08:30 - 15:30||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a part-time studies course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- List and discuss functions of hydraulic reservoirs.
- Describe operating principles of variable displacement pumps.
- Interpret and evaluate pump performance curves and calculate pump efficiency using experimental data.
- Describe typical hydraulic motors.
- Estimate heat generation and dissipation in hydraulic circuits.
- Describe and size hydraulic accumulators and discuss their typical applications in hydraulic circuits.
- Compare performance of direct and pilot operated pressure control valves.
- Describe typical applications of various pressure control valves.
- Describe and demonstrate use of load sensing to improve system efficiency.
- Use electrical components, such as solenoids, relays, and switches to control selected hydraulic circuits.
- Describe contamination and filtration in hydraulic circuits.
- Develop and test hydraulic circuits using typical components listed above.
Effective as of Winter 2017
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Control of Hydraulic Circuits (FPWR 2000)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.