In this second of three courses on Project Controls, the cost and accounting aspects of construction projects will be emphasized. Participants will prepare summary reports for tasks and resource pools, critical path analysis, and work progress tracking; followed by project costing and cost reports and their relationship to the overall schedule and cost requirements.
Below is one offering of CMGT 7110 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Wed Jun 08 - Wed Jul 13 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 59490
Class meeting times
|Jun 08 - Jul 13||Wed||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 335|
Must complete, or be registered in, CMGT 7100 prerequisite before 7110. If you have been accepted into the CM BTech program you should have access to this course. If not email CMGT@bcit.ca with your student number to register. You can register for both CMGT 7100 and 7110 at the same time. Bring a USB portable data storage device to class.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to understand the need for teamwork at the project planning stage.
This will be demonstrated through the application of skills and knowledge in a multi-project setting where individuals will develop skills and competencies in:
- Setting calendar events for a project and its resources (statutory holidays, vacation, etc.).
- Assigning specific tasks, resources, dates, activity duration, constraints, etc., to a multi-project, in class assignment.
- Inputting information regarding project numbers, account numbers, etc.
- Allocation, leveling and checking of resources.
- Applying strategies to overcome conflicts with resource allocation.
- Identification of major cost activities and strategies to minimise costs.
- Performing a consolidation of project data.
- Creating cash flow reports as an excel file.
- Methods of tracking progress and identification of potential problems.
- Preparation of an earned value analysis report.
- Identifying and reviewing problem areas and the implications of making various changes.
- Updating the project with actual costs, dates, etc and the determination of variances.
- Preparation of graphs, custom reports and resource work lists.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Construction Project Controls 2 (CMGT 7110)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.