- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. The exact cost will be displayed prior to confirming registration.
The Computer Operations Essentials course is a follow up to Computer Architecture Essentials and will introduce you to modern operating systems. We will focus on windows-based operating systems, though we will also learn about alternative operating systems, including Mac. The course will begin with an overview of the structure of modern operating systems and setting up your virtual machine. Over the course of the subsequent units, you learn to identify, assess, and install software, format hard disks, and manage files. By the end of this 12-hour course, you will be able to install and manage an operating system, manage software and perform common operations using both graphical and command-line interfaces.
- 60% in XCMP 1110
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Configure secondary storage including partitions and file systems.
- Install and configure an operating system.
- Perform file system operations using graphical and command line interfaces.
- Manage processes and services.
- Install and configure software.
Effective as of Winter 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Computer Operations Essentials (XCMP 1210)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.