- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Students will apply the knowledge, concepts, skills and techniques learned in all previous courses to generate a creative solution to a design project that supports human behavior within the interior environment. This self-directed course develops a project at a conceptual level. Through comprehensive research students will provide documentation, and critical analysis to formulate conceptual solutions that demonstrate a thorough understanding of the design process. The design solution will provide accessibility, functionality, sustainability, design aesthetics and code compliancy throughout. Individual research through various media, exploration of concepts and analysis will provide the base for their conceptual designs.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Journalize, sketch and document research data, to appropriately respond to the design program
- Articulate a design concept to communicate design direction
- Analyze and evaluate research gathered through various media.
- Generate a conceptual design solution for initial client presentation.
- Provide a design solution addressing human factors and regenerative design thinking within the built environment.
- Create a graphic presentation of design ideas in a poster format.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Commercial Directed Studies Project (INTD 4550) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Commercial Directed Studies Project (INTD 4550)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.