Students will work through a hospitality project, applying design theories and processes to create a comprehensive solution that supports human behaviour within the built environment. Students will translate and implement their concept and design development by producing a set of interior construction drawings. Students will research and explore design concepts derived from conceptual and spatial analysis to produce a creative solution that responds to factors such as health, life safety, and welfare, in addition to functional and aesthetic considerations. Students will demonstrate the ability to work through the design process to create innovative design solutions that support conceptual and spatial analysis.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Document research data.
- Synthesize information to appropriately respond to the design program.
- Develop a strong design concept, implementing it into all components of the solution in hospitality projects such as bars and/or restaurants.
- Explore designs three- dimensionally through models, sketches or volume studies.
- Verbally present design concepts to effectively communicate design direction.
- Incorporate human factor considerations within a design solution.
- Select sustainable materials and finishes.
- Provide a creative environment which reflects health, life- safety, welfare, accessibility, code compliance and sustainable design.
- Prepare a set of AutoCAD working drawings.
- Prepare a Furniture, Fixture & Equipment (FF&E) plan with FF&E specifications booklet.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Commercial Design Studio B (INTD 4300) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Commercial Design Studio B (INTD 4300)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.