This course provides motorcycle owners and enthusiasts with the skills needed to perform various diagnostic and maintenance procedures on clutch and primary drives. Includes clutch operation and adjustment, clutch cable and friction plate replacement, and primary chain slack check and adjustment. Lectures are combined with demonstrations and hands-on training. BCIT motorcycles of various types are provided for demonstrations and hands-on activities
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe clutch and primary drive maintenance requirements on common types of motorcycles.
- Identify differences between aftermarket and factory replacement components.
- Perform inspection procedures on clutch and primary drive.
- Perform clutch adjustments.
- Perform clutch cable replacement.
- Perform clutch plates replacement.
- Perform primary chain slack check and adjustment.
Effective as of Fall 2015
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Clutch and Primary Drives (MCMX 0122)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.