BCIT is an Instructor Training Centre for Cisco Networking Academy and this training is only open to sponsored instructors who are affiliated with an institution that has an active Cisco Networking Academy. In this course you will learn security concepts, security monitoring, host-based analysis, network intrusion analysis, and security policies procedures. This course also aligns with the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework to support consistent communication language for cybersecurity education, training, and workforce development. The course delivery will be through distance education where the students read the on-line materials and complete all the on-line chapter quizzes prior to attending in-person or virtual sessions scheduled with the instructor.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of CITX 3106 for the Winter 2023 term.
Start any time
- 12 weeks
- CRN 90052
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 12 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
Please contact Patrick_Duffey@bcit.ca for pre-approval. Specific instructions will be sent to all participants once they are registered. Note: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current in your myBCIT account.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Install virtual machines to create a safe environment for implementing and analyzing cybersecurity threat events.
- Explain the role of the Cybersecurity Operations Analyst in the enterprise.
- Explain the Windows Operating System features and characteristics needed to support cybersecurity analyses.
- Explain the features and characteristics of the Linux Operating System.
- Analyze the operation of network protocols and services.
- Explain the operation of the network infrastructure.
- Classify the various types of network attacks.
- Use network monitoring tools to identify attacks against network protocols and services.
- Explain how to prevent malicious access to computer networks, hosts, and data.
- Explain the impacts of cryptography on network security monitoring.
- Explain how to investigate endpoint vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Evaluate network security alerts.
- Analyze network intrusion data to identify compromised hosts and vulnerabilities.
- Apply incident response models to manage network security incidents.
Effective as of Winter 2022
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cisco Cyber Operations Associate Instructor Training (CITX 3106)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.