This three credit course is designed for students who have taken CINT1210, or who have Chinese language ability equivalent to elementary level. By passing this course, students will acquire certain knowledge in the Chinese culture, history and geography, while enhancing their language skills in Chinese Mandarin. The course will be delivered through communicative classroom activities and on-line practice. Verbal, non-verbal and multimedia materials will be employed to help improve students’ language proficiency. The course content is composed of two parts: Chinese culture study and Chinese language learning. Both focuses on practicality and functionality. For Chinese culture study, students will learn the Chinese history, geography, traditional custom and current affairs. For language acquisition, students will gain practical language skills, which they can use in real-life business and social settings of Chinese Mandarin.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Communicate in Mandarin in real-life situations
- Present general knowledge about Chinese culture, history and geography
- Discuss the contemporary issues and changes in Chinese society
- Use Chinese Radical or Pin Yin system to look up Chinese characters in a dictionary
- Read short messages, emails, posters, and a request related to common situations in school, business and personal life
- Write and type short messages, emails, simple plans, and a request in Chinese characters
Effective as of Fall 2018
Chinese Studies (CINT 2222) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Chinese Studies (CINT 2222)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.