BCIT is an Instructor Training Centre for Cisco Networking Academy and this training is only open to sponsored instructors who are affiliated with an institution that has an active Cisco Networking Academy. Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation (ENSA) describes the architectures and considerations related to designing, securing, operating, and troubleshooting enterprise networks. The course covers Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms used for secure remote access along with the introduction of software-defined networking, virtualization, and automation concepts that support the digitalization of networks. The course delivery will be distance education where the students read the on-line materials and complete all the on-line chapter quizzes prior to attending 12-hours of in-person sessions scheduled with the instructor. The in-person sessions may be delivered virtually and will concentrate on instructional techniques, technical clarification, skills exams, challenge lab activities, and an on-line final exam.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of CITX 3103 for the Winter 2023 term.
Start any time
- 12 weeks
- CRN 87228
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 12 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
Please contact Patrick_Duffey@bcit.ca for pre-approval. Specific instructions will be sent to all participants once they are registered. Note: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current in your myBCIT account.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Configure routers and switches using OSPF in point-to-point and multiaccess networks.
- Mitigate threats and enhance network security using access control lists and security best practices.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and simulation tools.
- Understand virtualization, SDN, and how APIs and configuration management tools enable network automation.
- Activate Cisco Networking Academy ENSA classes.
- Locate ENSA educational resources on Cisco Networking Academy's website.
- Invigilate on-line chapter quizzes and exams for ENSA.
- Deliver ENSA skills assessments to students.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2020
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of CCNA-3 Network Academy Instructor Training (CITX 3103)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.