- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
BCIT is an Instructor Training Centre for Cisco Networking Academy and this training is only open to sponsored instructors who are affiliated with an institution that has an active Cisco Networking Academy. Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials (SWRE) covers the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a small to medium sized network. Wireless local area networks (WLAN) and security concepts are also covered in this course. Students will perform configuration and troubleshooting as well as identify and mitigate Local Area Network (LAN) security threats. The course delivery will be through distance education where the students read the on-line materials and complete all the on-line chapter quizzes prior to attending 12-hours of in-person sessions scheduled with the instructor. The in-person sessions may be conducted virtually and will concentrate on instructional techniques, technical clarification, skills exams, challenge lab activities, and an on-line final exam.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of CITX 3102 for the Fall 2023 term.
Start any time
- 12 weeks
- CRN 45958
- Domestic fees $602.25International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 12 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
For approval to register in this course, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide proof that you are an instructor sponsored by a Cisco Networking Academy, and listed as an instructor for that academy. Specific instructions will be sent to all participants once they are registered. BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Configure routers, switches and wireless devices.
- Configure and troubleshoot VLANs, Wireless LANs and Inter-VLAN routing.
- Configure and troubleshoot redundancy on a switched network using STP and EtherChannel.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and simulation tools.
- Explain how to support available and reliable networks using dynamic addressing and first-hop redundancy protocols.
- Activate Cisco Networking Academy SWRE classes.
- Locate SWRE educational resources on Cisco Networking Academy's website.
- Invigilate on-line chapter quizzes and exams for SWRE.
- Deliver SWRE skills assessments to students.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2020
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of CCNA-2 Network Academy Instructor Training (CITX 3102)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.