- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course covers Canadian and International regulations pertaining to the safe carriage of cargoes as transportation on vessels. The basic knowledge on the safe handling, stowage, and securing of cargoes along with the associated equipments are also covered in this course. The Regulations that are covered are: Cargo, Fumigation, and Tackle Regulations; International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code; Safe Working Practices Regulations; Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act; and Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the features of vessels for transporting different types of cargoes.
- Describe the general inspection and preparation of holds for receiving cargoes.
- Explain the reason for segregation and separation of cargoes.
- Describe the equipment used to load and discharge cargo.
- Interpret and apply the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Regulations.
- Interpret and apply the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code.
- Interpret and observe Safe Working Practices Regulations.
- Interpret and apply the Code of Safe Practice for Cargo Stowage and Securing.
- Interpret and apply the Cargo, Fumigation, and Tackle Regulations.
- Interpret and apply SOLAS, Chapters VI, VII, and XII (applicable sections).
Effective as of Fall 2011
Cargo 1 (NAUT 1876) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Transportation
- Master 500GT Domestic
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cargo 1 (NAUT 1876)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.