- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This Canadian Employment Readiness Foundation course is designed for students with practical modules that enables them to gain a deeper understanding of engaging Canadian industry and employers' expectations and work place norms. It also incorporates immigration practices to ensure IRCC compliance for international graduates, immigrants and newcomers. Participants will deepen their knowledge and ability to work effectively with Canadian organizational culture, develop professional employability strategies, and acquire organizational culture competencies essential to success in the Canadian workplace context. The course will include online learning and experiential labs to provide students a broad overview of job search strategies and career resources. At the end of the course, students will be able to demonstrate employability skills, such as communication skills, creating online portfolios, writing cover letters and resumes, and to build a professional network. The knowledge and skills they gain in this course will contribute to their early career success as they adapt to and grow capacity in the Canadian workplace as well as future career.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate how professional skills and experiences can be applied in the Canadian job market
- Develop a personal brand and online presence
- Use job search tools to find job posting information
- Build professional documents, such as cover letter and resumes
- Use effective interpersonal communication, conflict management, and collaboration strategies for success in the work environment.
- Develop strategies to assemble a professional network
- Apply knowledge of newcomer adaptation strategies to Canadian workplace structure and organizational culture
Effective as of Winter 2023
Canadian Employment Readiness Foundations (CERM 4010) is offered as a part of the following programs:
- Canadian Employment Readiness (CER)
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Canadian Employment Readiness Foundations (CERM 4010)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.