This online course will take you through the process of developing an effective business plan. MKTG 3324 will guide you through the initial business planning process, and teach you how to screen and develop business ideas. You will assess the feasibility of your idea, and engage in industry and market analysis in order to develop your marketing plan and perform a financial analysis. This will result in the creation of an effective business plan. The final learning outcome for this course is the practical presentation of your business plan.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 3324 for the Fall 2022 term.
Tue Sep 06 - Sat Nov 26 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 46100
Class meeting times
|Sep 06 - Nov 26||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
Please note that the lecture component for this course is asynchronous, not requiring you to meet each and every week at a specific time, however, there will be specific timelines for assignments and exams. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as classroom courses. To be successful in this online course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, or more of it’s a condensed course, starting Week 1. Important course information will be sent to your myBCIT account prior to your course start date.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain business start-up process from the original inception of a business idea to a fully fleshed-out business plan.
- Learn how to write a business plan using step-by-step instructions.
- Discover how to think through the issues that are important in starting a business, engaging in the entrepreneurial process.
- Create a business plan that carefully explains every aspect of a new venture.
- Develop a presentation, which will internally explain the blueprint to follow, and externally show the business opportunity your firm is pursuing.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2019
Business Plan Development (MKTG 3324) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Marketing Management - Entrepreneurship
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Business Plan Development (MKTG 3324)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.