- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course presents an overview of building automation systems, communication protocols, system integration and data analytics as it relates to the role of energy management professionals. Topics include identifying different industry standard communication protocols and normalizing data so it can be analyzed by software. The course will cover Industry standard automation protocols and standards such as BACnet, LonWorks, Modbus Haystack and CoBe and will have students identify what role they play in today’s building automation industry. The course will cover The Internet of Things (IoT) as well as practical use cases in order to understand how this might affect the future of DDC controls. Students will learn how to integrate to various data sources, pull the data into a common platform, give the data metadata so it is meaningful to software, and then run analytics on that data to identify potential areas of optimization.
- 50% in CESA 5320
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Navigate industry standard building control architectures, networking and communication protocols.
- Use software to discover and integrate to a BACnet network and BACnet objects.
- Talk knowledgeably about the Haystack data model and what its purpose is.
- Identify how multiple building systems can be integrated.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in multiple data structure systems.
- Identify opportunities for DDC optimization using analytical tools.
- Program a simple analytic rule to identify a pattern in historical data.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Building System Integration and Analytics (CESA 5420) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Building Controls & Energy Management
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Building System Integration and Analytics (CESA 5420)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.