- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The industry-sponsored capstone project provides an opportunity for students to bring the knowledge and theory learned in other courses into a real-world energy modelling project. Students in the class will be divided into small two-person groups. Each group will be assigned a building energy performance analysis project provided by industry sponsors. Student will need to apply the knowledge and skills learned from all the courses of Term 1and other parallel courses of Term 2 to complete the project and submit a final report, accordingly. Each week students are expected to meet with sponsors as necessary to report the progress and ask questions. The course instructor will meet with students every week to monitor the project progress and answer some questions.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Gain the proficiency in mainstream computer building energy simulation tool use.
- Build code compliant building energy performance model.
- Identify various building HVAC systems and the corresponding energy conservation measures being employed in the building systems design.
- Apply building energy standards that are widely adopted by federal and provincial authorities having jurisdiction over building energy efficiency, such as BC Energy Step Code and ASHRAE90.1 and National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings to the building energy model to evaluate the potential improvement in building energy influencing systems.
- Interpret simulation results to, and communicate the key findings/conclusions with personnel of other disciplines in building design.
- Present simulation results and findings in a clear and understandable manner, in both a written and public presentation.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2023
Building Energy Performance Optimization Process- Capstone Project (BSCI 5250) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Building Energy Modelling and Performance Analysis
Advanced Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Building Energy Performance Optimization Process- Capstone Project (BSCI 5250)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.