- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This is a non-credit workshop designed to give the student a taste of the three full-time diploma programs offered in BCIT’s Broadcast and Media Communications. The course is 15 hours, divided into three 5 hour interactive workshops. Each workshop will be devoted to one of the three areas of study: TV and Video Production, Radio Arts and Entertainment, and Broadcast and Online Journalism. In each workshop the student will explore introductory concepts and hands-on technology specific to each program.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to: Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
TV and Video Production:
- Understand the basic principles of visual composition
- Operate a basic professional video camera with audio equipment
Broadcast and Online Journalism:
- Define and analyze the elements of an effective, focused story using journalistic principles
- Write captivating headlines and stories for a news website
- Produce online photos using effective photojournalism principles
Radio Arts and Entertainment:
- Explore story-telling by creating a podcast or commercial
- Analyze, interpret and voice a script to explore performance
- Produce a radio show or podcast
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2018
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Broadcast and Media Sampler (BCST 0100)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.