Inspiration, intuition and innovation. What is your brand culture? How is it represented and to whom? Brand Innovation and Development examines the critical steps and expertise involved in developing and presenting a successful brand, product, service or experience from concept to delivery. It begins with understanding brand users and how they co-create brand meaning to shape products and systems. Building and maintaining a brand position while managing growth or refreshing a brand to enhance consistency and relevance are also explored.
- Prior knowledge of branding basics recommended.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Apply essential elements of brand innovation and development – understanding brand equity, building the internal case, developing the brand position, validating and tracking results.
- Understand the four authors of brand meaning – customers, the organization, pop culture and influencers.
- Discuss the evolution of brand strategies.
- Describe the role of research, balanced with instinctive, entrepreneurial approaches to innovation.
- Identify and evaluate brand touchpoints, behavior and marketplace traction.
- Develop a written report and presentation using the concepts of brand innovation and development for a new product, brand, service or experience.
- Identify and assess key issues of brand consistency vs. relevance, internal and external brand launches, ethics and brand crises.
- Apply the key principles involved in evaluating, revitalizing and refreshing brands.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Brand Innovation and Development (MKTG 3406) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Brand Innovation and Development (MKTG 3406)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.