This course covers basic accounting fundamentals, and by using Intuit's QuickBooks Online software, individuals with little or no accounting background will learn through practical application of concepts by using the software. Topics include General Ledger setup, accounts receivable and payable, bank reconciliation, inventory, sales tax and financial statements.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the basic principles of bookkeeping to record transactions, manage accounts and perform reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements (Income Statement, Statement of Owner's Equity and the Balance Sheet) for a business.
- Create a new company together with a Chart of Accounts and set up opening balances in QuickBooks.
- Navigate the principal features and functionality of QuickBooks.
- Create Vendor and Customer master records and record transactions, including Sales Taxes, in QuickBooks.
- Create 'items' which can be either goods or services. Create an invoice including customization features.
- Setup Payroll and Inventory functions within QuickBooks.
- Setup the bank feed feature and perform a Bank Reconciliation in QuickBooks.
- Run Financial Statements, and reports in QuickBooks. Export QuickBooks data to excel.
- Review functions such as Mileage, Cash Flow, Dashboard, Projects, Payroll, Receipt Uploading.
- Perform a Client Review in the QuickBooks Accountant Edition.
- Review Accountant Edition specific features: Month-End Review, Overview, Workpapers.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Bookkeeping for Small Business using QuickBooks (FMGT 1115)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.