Below is one offering of COMP 3215 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 11 - Wed Mar 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 87316
Class meeting times
|Jan 11 - Mar 29||Wed||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Departmental approval. Include your Student number (A0#) and COMP__ and preferred CRN __ and Program Declaration____. Course is 36 hours synchronous online classes. Late registration is not permitted.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Design highly available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
- Use AWS foundational, deployment, and management services.
- Identify and define technical requirements for an AWS-based application.
- Identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement.
- Utilize best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform.
- Implement the basic architectural principles of building on the AWS cloud.
- Design cloud networks (as they relate to AWS).
- Utilize advanced cloud security features and tools that AWS provides.
- Explain how cloud technologies relate to traditional services.
- Prepare to challenge the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam available through Amazon (for an additional cost).
Effective as of Fall 2020
AWS Academy Cloud Architecting (COMP 3215) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of AWS Academy Cloud Architecting (COMP 3215)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.