This course will provide a theoretical review of the trade in preparation for the Automotive Painter Inter-Provincial (IP) examination. Topics include: safety in the workplace, tools and equipment, documentation, use of repair and refinishing materials. Contact the Industry Training Authority (tel. 778-328-8700 or toll free within BC 1-866-660-6011) to determine eligibility and to schedule an examination.
- Experience in the automotive painter trade.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe safety related functions
- Identify the maintenance of tools and equipment
- Describe the use of documentation
- Describe the steps of planning work
- Identify the steps of preparing surfaces
- Describe the use of repair materials
- Describe the use of equipment
- Describe how to use refinishing materials
- Describe pre-delivery tasks
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Automotive Painter IP Refresher (ABOD 0200)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.