Using the current release of AutoCAD for Windows, students will become familiar with and use the drawing, editing and view manipulation commands of the program. They will also be introduced to layouts, blocks, dimensioning and text commands. The students will complete a two- dimensional floor plan showing dimensions, a finishes layout, furniture layout, elevations and details. Overall emphasis will be on using AutoCAD for designing a residential project.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Create new drawings using drawing and editing commands.
- Draw residential floor plans, elevation and details using layers to control color and line type.
- Create blocks of furniture, fixtures and architectural details for use within drawings.
- Insert blocks from local and external locations.
- Edit the attributes of inserted symbol blocks.
- Create various dimension styles for plans, elevations and details.
- Create various text styles for applications such as title blocks, room names and notes.
- Construct elevation drawings by attaching external references.
- Create a layout template file complete with drawing border and title block.
- Layout drawings in paper space with multiple viewports at various scales.
- Plot drawings using appropriate line weights for interior design applications.
- Generate PDF documents from AutoCAD drawings.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2015
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of AutoCAD for Interior Design (AICO 1160)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.