Studies basic physical principles and applies them to relevant situations in the OCHS technology. Topics include kinematics, vectors, dynamics, statics, friction, energy, and simple machines. The labs emphasise measurement, data analysis, and experimental techniques as they relate to the lecture material.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Understand some of the basic physical principles underlying your technology.
- Use analytical skills in the solution of technical problems.
- Set up scientific apparatus and make measurements.
- Analyze experimental data and write scientific reports.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Applied Physics 1 for OCHS (PHYS 1288) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Occupational Health and Safety
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Applied Physics 1 for OCHS (PHYS 1288)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.