This course will focus on the applicable security regulations in Canadian Aeronautics Act (Aerodrome and Air Carrier measures) and its implications in designing and managing an airport security system.
- 70% in AIRC 1004
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:The student will be able to:
- Interpret various regulations of the Aeronautics Act and Criminal Code which apply to aviation security.
- List principles governing security processes at an airport.
- Describe various types of security equipment and systems.
- List the procedures involved in handling a security threat(breach) at an airport.
- Describe various explosives, weapons and dangerous objects used by offenders.
- Describe the security procedures for locating and handling illegal items.
- Compare the national and international legal standards for aviation security.
- Identify the critical elements and purpose of an airport security plan.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2010
Airport Security Systems (AVAO 2260) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Transportation
- Airport Operations
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Airport Security Systems (AVAO 2260)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.