Provides practical exposure to the elements of planning and executing advertising strategies in the areas of media and creative in the context of complete integrated advertising campaigns. The course is directed at those involved in advertising on both the client and agency side. It will also be of interest to those who are seeking to experience the practical applications of the theories in advertising and sales promotion.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define and understand the advertising audience
- Evaluate the optimal communications schedule to reach the defined advertising audience
- Organize the media mix
- Develop a process for the evaluation of media strategy
- Discuss the strategic thinking behind creative development
- Develop specific creative solutions for broadcast, print and digital media
- Make sound carefully considered decisions at each stage of the marketing planning process
- Plan an integrated advertising campaign
Effective as of Winter 2017
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advertising Strategy (MKTG 3323)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.