This course will build on students’ existing web design experience to advance their skills in WordPress development. They will learn how to apply WordPress to complex site designs and how to develop custom themes and apply them to a WordPress web site.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered through BCIT Part-time Studies.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Develop a custom WordPress theme from scratch using HTML/CSS/JS and PHP
- Build a fully functional e-Commerce online store using WordPress
- Create custom WordPress plugins
- Apply existing WordPress plugins to a WordPress website
- Use caching to improve WordPress website performance
- Utilize industry best practices to create secure WordPress installations
Effective as of Winter 2014
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced WordPress Development (AWPD 4100)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.