- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course begins with an overview of the basic principles in ship chartering and brokering, and in addition dives deeper into the details and concepts related to the Canadian marine practices, including Canada Freight and Logistics Market vs World Trades; Role of Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA); and Marine Carrier Code. The course is suitable for a broad range of maritime-related professionals, including ship officers, shore-based management, new entrants to the shipping industry, logistics and supply chain professionals, ship brokers, port agencies, insurance inspectors, banks' representatives, and similar service organizations. The course is also valuable to Classification Societies, Marine Insurers, P&I Club Managers, Port Authorities, and Coast Guard personnel, amongst others.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced concepts and applicability of global freight markets and practices.
- Have a thorough understanding related to building contracts, regulatory considerations, and global practices in Chartering Contracts.
- Understand sales transactions between the shipper and receiver, banking practices, and advanced operation concepts related to financial elements of Charter Party agreements.
- Understand the specific requirements related to each type of vessel and its cargoes, covering concepts related to cargo carriage, business practices, and applicability related to different vessel and cargo types such as bulk (coal, lumber, sulphur, grain, etc.), tankers (oil, chemical, LNG, LPG), liners, and containers.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2023
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Principles in Ship Brokering and Chartering (MRBU 0200)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.