- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is for architects, home designers and builders, energy advisors & energy modelers, engineers, policymakers, and other professionals who will influence or perform Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs). Students will apply their knowledge developed in CESA 1160 to learn how to conduct a LCA using the Athena Sustainable Materials Institute Impact Estimator software. Key topics include defining the data, data quality, and scenarios, conducting an LCA with the Athena Impact Estimator, fair comparisons and how to responsibly interpret and report results.
- 60% in CESA 1160
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain how Athena's Impact Estimator for Buildings software tool works.
- Demonstrate how to conduct a whole-building LCA using Athena's Impact Estimator.
- Discuss how to interpret LCA results, uncertainty and limitations, and draw conclusions
- Explain how to do a fair comparison of LCA results
- Demonstrate how to responsibly interpret and report LCA results
Effective as of Winter 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Life Cycle Assessments Using Impact Estimator Software (CESA 1161)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.