Move beyond standard electrical resistance and available voltage testing procedures. Thinking outside of the workshop manual and develop your advanced diagnostic skills utilizing alternative circuit testing methods, lab scope and network system diagnostic techniques. This course is suitable for both professional technicians and apprentices. In addition to the 24 hours of instructor guided course delivery, each week students are assigned approximately 5 additional hours of self-paced online interactive knowledge building assignments.
Below is one offering of AUTO 3175 for the Winter 2023 term.
Tue Feb 21 - Sat Mar 11 (3 weeks)
- 3 weeks
- CRN 89491
Class meeting times
|Feb 21||Tue||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
|Feb 25 - Mar 11||Sat||08:30 - 16:00||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This session combines both online learning and classroom delivery; students will complete online learning modules between classroom sessions. Prerequisite: AUTO 0173 or minimum Automotive Service Technician Level 1 Apprentice. CSA approved safety glasses and steel-toed footwear required. Classes held Tuesday, Feb 21 (online) PLUS Saturdays, Feb 25, Mar 4 & 11.
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Perform voltage drop testing to diagnose electrical circuits,
- Perform current testing strategies to diagnose electrical circuits,
- Demonstrate the use of a lab-scope to test common automotive electrical signals,
- Explain automotive network system operation,
- Apply diagnostic techniques to diagnose automotive network system failure.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Electrical Diagnostic Techniques (AUTO 3175)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.