- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
In this hands-on course, you will create and design scalable computer graphics with Adobe Illustrator that require creativity and imagination. You will use multiple art boards, layers, and sub-layers to organize your artwork. As well, you will use drawing tools, drop down menus, and floating panels to create a series of projects. You will use the pen tool to draw precise, offset paths, and different path widths. We will emphasize both linear and radial gradients, gradient meshes and blends for visual effects, and the effective use of colour. You will use both horizontal and vertical alignment tools and distribute your artwork evenly. You will create canisters using 3D revolve, symbols, and mapping tools.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Create and adjust multiple artboards using the artboard tool.
- Draw and control accurate paths with the pen tool and pen curvature tool.
- Create layers and sub-layers to manipulate and organize your artwork.
- Move, adjust, and size graphics using a selection and direct selection tool.
- Create and edit rectangles with live corners, ellipses, polygons, lines, and stars.
- Transform objects using scale, rotate, reflection, and shear from a central reference point.
- Adjust colour highlights, midtones, and shadows by creating a gradient mesh.
- Demonstrate the use of different transparency and opacity settings for shading.
- Create linear and radial gradients, and colour blends.
- Average points mathematically on both a horizontal and vertical axis point.
- Make an exact copy of any shape by creating an offset path.
- Create graphics using 3D revolve, symbols, and mapping tools.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Adobe Illustrator 1 (MDIA 1160) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Media Techniques and Marketing Communications
- User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Adobe Illustrator 1 (MDIA 1160)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.