- The median hourly wage is $32 for apprenticeship completers and $22 for graduates of certificate and diploma programs, and the median annual salary is $65,000 for graduates of degree programs.
- BCIT provides the majority of apprenticeship training in the province of British Columbia.
- Download BCIT's Quick Facts [PDF].
- Over 18,000 full-time students enrol annually
- Over 30,000 part-time students enrol every year
Faculty and Staff
- Over 1,800 full-time faculty and staff
- Over 600 part-time faculty and staff
For Further Facts
- The Institutional Research Office produces BCIT Facts and Figures, which includes:
- Student Demographics - Technology, Trades, Apprenticeships [PDF], International [PDF], Indigenous [PDF], High School [PDF], and Entering Student [PDF] survey summaries
- Enrolments by: Student Grouping [PDF], BCIT Schools [PDF], BCIT Campuses [PDF], Term [PDF]
- Full-time Equivalents (FTE's) [PDF]
- Graduates by Credential Type [PDF]
- Human resources [PDF], Financial Information and Foundation
A shorter publication, graduate employment outcomes summary report, provides program-by-program information about the employment rates of BCIT graduates.
Program-by-program details can be viewed in the full graduate employment outcomes report.
- BCIT offers programs with a variety of levels of certification: certificates, diplomas and advanced studies, including degrees.
- Many programs lead to professional certification and some provide course exemptions that allow graduates to write qualifying exams to meet professional designations.
- Visit our credentials page for more information on the certificates, diplomas and degrees we offer.
What is Unique at BCIT?
- A 300,000 square-foot state-of-the-art Aerospace Technology Campus, featuring a fleet of 20 aircraft including a Boeing 737, and airport control tower simulation technology
- A full-equipped radio and television studio, broadcasting Evolution 107.9 FM
- An automated manufacturing robotics lab
- The only Prosthetics and Orthotics training program in Western Canada
- A Centre for Applied Research and Innovation dedicated to applied high tech research and development
- Western Canada's only Marine Engine Room Simulator, which provides true-to-life training for marine engineers
- Canada's first Confucius Institute, awarded by China's National Office, teaching Chinese languages and culture to increase trade and tourism
- The Centre for the Architectural Ecology
- An interactive fire simulation theatre
- A fully operational pulp mill
- A salmonoid enhancement facility developed by BCIT students on the Seymour river