The Master of Digital Media program is Canada’s first professional graduate program in digital media. Earn your master’s degree through an intensive program that prepares you to advance and establish your dream career in a challenging and creative field.
Fall 2021 delivery mode: online
- This program will be delivered online for the fall semester.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the COVID-19 page for details on the procedures that have been implemented.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
In partnership with the Centre for Digital Media, you can earn your master’s degree through an intensive program that prepares you for advanced career opportunities and entrepreneurship. This program, through real-world projects and coursework, gives you valuable leadership experience, training, and top industry connections.
About the program
- 16 months, full-time
- Industry practicum for hands-on experience
- Develop the six core competencies of digital media production
Learn more about how you can earn your master’s degree at the Centre for Digital Media in Vancouver BC.
Who should apply for the Master of Digital Media Program?
This program might be right for you if:
- You already have earned a bachelor’s degree
- You’re interested in digital technology
- You’re looking to build and improve your soft skills, like collaboration, communication, and confidence
- You’re interested in leadership positions in the digital media industry
- You’re looking for an applied, hands-on program
If this sounds like you and you’re ready for your journey toward digital expertise, get started today at the Program Entry page.
What grads can do
By working in small teams, you’ll collaborate on intensive, four-month projects, with industry clients for real-world experience. Past clients have included top companies in the digital arts, including Electronic Arts, Autodesk, Microsoft, Samsung, and Telefonica, as well as government and non-profit organizations. For some graduates, industry projects have turned into successful start-up ventures or job opportunities that range from interactive advertising technology to mobile and social network games.
By earning practical, hands-on skills through working with industry professionals, you’ll be prepared to grow your career as a creator and producer of digital media. Learn more about specific job opportunities and successes of alumni.
The MDM Program is cohort-based and commences in September each year. The program includes three, four-month on-site semesters, and one four-month internship semester.
For more information, please visit the Centre for Digital Media website or the following links:
Graduate Admissions and Recruitment Officer
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.