- All regular faculty, specialized faculty or BCGEU faculty from each of the six schools, Applied Research, and LTC with one (1) year of full-time service at BCIT are eligible.
- The IMF must be applied to cover costs and expenses required for international conference, teaching and/or research collaborations, either virtually or in-person, with international partners.
- The funding will be provided in the form of grants to approved applicants.
- The duration of the international mobility activity shall not exceed six months and must be taken in a single block of time.
- Funding deliverables must be met to be eligible for future funding unless in the event of exceptional circumstances.
- Only completed applications, using the latest form, will be considered. Late submission and retroactive applications will not be accepted.
The IMF does not replace the Faculty PD Funds as defined in Article 10 of the Collective Agreement – BCIT/BCIT FSA, or the Career and Skills Development Fund for BCIT/BCGEU faculty, as defined in Article 13 of the BCIT – BCGEU Collective Agreement.
The IMF shall not be used for the following activities, but may be considered for activities that complement other funded activities or deliverables:
- Back-filling faculty members’ positions
- Exchange Leave/Secondment (covered by the collective agreement – BCIT and BCIT FSA (10.8))
- Employer-requested upgrading leave (covered by the collective agreement – BCIT and BCIT FSA (10.9))
- Career and Skills Development Fund ( covered by the collective agreement – BCIT and BCGEU (13.18))
- Leave for taking courses (covered by the collective agreement – BCIT and BCGEU (13.21))
- Exchange programs (covered by the collective agreement – BCIT and BCGEU (13.25))
- Employee development (covered by the collective agreement – BCIT and BCGEU (13.26))
- Employee registration as a student in Institute courses
- Coverage of salary costs or overtime wages.