Clear, well-structured, reader-focused documentation makes software, or any other product, comprehensible and usable. Effective documentation enhances productivity and increases user satisfaction. This course introduces students to information typing and other modular documentation techniques.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of COMM 2206 for the Winter 2023 term.
Tue Jan 10 - Tue Mar 28 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 70663
Class meeting times
|Jan 10 - Mar 28||Tue||18:30 - 21:30||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
SYNCHRONOUS ONLINE CLASSES: This is not a self-paced course. You will be expected to be available and online on the posted days and times shown on your registration schedule. Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as the face-to-face course. On the start date of your class (not before), log into learn.bcit.ca to access your course link.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop Computer Literacy.
- Write with Task Orientation.
- Document Software Workflows.
- Classify Software Information Types.
- Write an example Concept Information Type.
- Write an example Task (Procedure) Information Type.
- Write an example Reference Information Type.
- Identify Microsoft Style Guidelines.
- Classify Software User Interfaces.
- Describe the Organization of Software Development Teams.
- Write for Usability.
- Construct and Present a Writing Portfolio.
Effective as of Fall 2010
Writing for the Computer Industry (COMM 2206) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Technical Writing
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Writing for the Computer Industry (COMM 2206)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.