The course provides basic knowledge of water distribution practices and focuses on the practical aspects of water system planning, construction, operation and maintenance. The course includes water disinfection, safety, backflow control systems and record management. This course is designed to assist candidates wishing to write the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) Level 1 exam. EOCP examination time and fee information will be made available to all qualified students.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course isn't currently offered through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe a water distribution system and identify all of its components.
- Develop safe working procedures and work place safety compliance.
- Describe system hydraulics, types of storage facilities and construction methods.
- Use nomographs to calculate friction losses through valve, pumps and pipes.
- Safely handle and use various chemicals to disinfect water.
Effective as of Fall 2010
Water Operator 1 (PUBW 1114) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Public Works Supervision
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Water Operator 1 (PUBW 1114)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.