- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The course provides basic knowledge of water distribution practices and focuses on the practical aspects of water system planning, construction, operation and maintenance. The course includes water disinfection, safety, backflow control systems and record management. This course is designed to assist candidates wishing to write the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) Level 1 exam. EOCP examination time and fee information will be made available to all qualified students.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe a water distribution system and identify all of its components.
- Develop safe working procedures and work place safety compliance.
- Describe system hydraulics, types of storage facilities and construction methods.
- Use nomographs to calculate friction losses through valve, pumps and pipes.
- Safely handle and use various chemicals to disinfect water.
Effective as of Fall 2010
Water Operator 1 (PUBW 1114) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Public Works Supervision
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Water Operator 1 (PUBW 1114)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.