This course covers how refinishing products affect the environment and how to minimize those effects. Course content includes safe handling, storage, and disposal methods of products containing volatile organic compounds as regulated by GVRD Automotive Refinishing Emission Regulation Bylaw No. 1086, 2008 and GVRD Air Quality Management Bylaw No. 1082, 2008. Training is recognized as an ICBC c.a.r. shop technician upgrade course and counts as four hours towards your accreditation status.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe environmental impacts of refinishing materials.
- Describe provincial regulations regarding volatile organic compounds.
- Describe handling procedures for refinishing materials.
- Describe a daily coatings log.
- Describe a self-inspection checklist.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Interested in being notified about future offerings of VOC - Clearing the Air (ABOD 0107)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.