Students will be introduced to hand drafting as it pertains to interior design, beginning with equipment use, technical vocabulary, and lettering skills. Students will measure spaces and objects to create accurately scaled plan and elevation drawings using imperial scale. Attention to detail will be achieved through the implementation of correct scale, line weights, dimensions, notes, and layouts.
- 50% in COMM 1120* (*May be taken concurrently).
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Visual Communication 2D.
- Produce legible hand drawings using appropriate line weights, layouts, and lettering techniques.
- Produce orthographic drawings of object and space.
- Measure interior components and spaces to produce scaled plans and elevations.
- Graphically represent interior architectural components in two-dimensional drawings.
- Apply referencing to a set of drawings.
- Compose a standard title block and layout.
- Draw floor plans and elevations to scale, using symbols and conventions.
Effective as of Fall 2015
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Visual Communication 2D (INTD 1150)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.