This course introduces the enthusiast to sheet metal fabrication and repair techniques. The student will learn to shape, shrink, and stretch sheet metal used in vintage year automobiles, then apply the techniques learned in a typical shop environment.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe general shop safety procedures.
- Describe various types of metals.
- Describe tools used to fabricate and repair sheet metal.
- Describe techniques used to fabricate and repair sheet metal.
- Use tools to fabricate and repair sheet metal.
- Apply techniques used to fabricate and repair sheet metal.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2010
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Vehicle Restoration: Sheet Metal Fabrication (ABOD 0130)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.