- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. The exact cost will be displayed prior to confirming registration.
This course focuses on building UI elements using various design applications. Students will be introduced to the guidelines for building UI elements, utilize their knowledge in several design applications to create UI components and finally export them in the proper formats. Students will be evaluated by a series of assignments and term project.
Below is one offering of MDIA 3540 for the Fall 2023 term.
Sat Sep 16 - Sat Dec 16 (11 weeks)
- 11 weeks
- CRN 49437
Class meeting times
|Sep 16 - Dec 16||Sat||09:30 - 12:45||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
No classes on the following days: Sep.30, Oct.7 & Nov.11 This is not a self-paced course. You will be expected to be available and online on the posted days and times shown on your registration schedule. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Please log into learn.bcit.ca using your BCIT student email and password on the first day of class. You will require access to the Adobe Creative Cloud in order to complete this course. Students who are currently registered in one or more part-time courses can purchase a subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud Pro at a discount through BCIT’s new software portal h kb.bcit.ca/student/adobe-creative-cloud-subscription-flexible-learning-student-3130/
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop guidelines for creating UI elements for web, mobile and interactive projects.
- Utilize online tools in building UI elements for web, mobile and interactive projects.
- Demonstrate the use of various design applications (such as Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) in creating UI elements.
- Export UI elements with proper size and transparency settings for multiple platforms.
- Plan and design effective ready to use interfaces.
- Plan and create UI component libraries and templates.
Effective as of Winter 2020
UI/UX Strategy 2 (MDIA 3540) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- New Media Design and Web Development
- User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of UI/UX Strategy 2 (MDIA 3540)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.