LinkedIn is the global Professional Networking site that all students and professionals need to pay attention to. In this course, students will learn practical tips on how to optimize their professional presence on LinkedIn. Students will set up a stellar profile to showcase the best of their professional brand; strategically expand their network; stay up-to-date with important industry information; learn from thought leaders; be an active and authentic participant; post quality, relevant content and get exposed to recruiters and hiring managers. Students will finish the course with a complete LinkedIn profile, and the confidence to contribute to the LinkedIn Community. They will be prepared to leverage the power of the world's largest professional network.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Establish an Online Professional Presence
- Create a Credible Personal Brand using the Tools available within LinkedIn
- Build a Strategic Network by Connecting with Professionals, Alumni and Coworkers
- Research Prospective Employers
- Search for and Apply for Jobs
- Create and Engage with Relevant Content
Effective as of Winter 2022
The LinkedIn Advantage (XMKT 1040) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Digital Transformation
Interested in being notified about future offerings of The LinkedIn Advantage (XMKT 1040)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.