This business consulting project course is the second of a two-part capstone experience that began with BSUS 5200 and focuses on helping an industry client address a sustainable business challenge or innovation opportunity. In this course, students complete their projects and deliver these projects to their clients. Students conduct primary research as well as any additional necessary secondary research to validate and extend results. Students manage and interpret data collected in BSUS 5200 and draw on accepted tools and best practices from sustainable business theory and practice. Students develop a communication strategy and communicate results through a final consulting project report, other deliverable(s) requested by the client, and a professional presentation.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Apply sustainable business knowledge to solve a sustainability challenge or capitalize on a sustainable business opportunity.
- Research, analyze, develop alternatives, and determine best course of action given within a given project scope.
- Apply primary research methods including interviews, surveys, and/or focus groups.
- Undertake secondary research in order to validate and extend findings that emerge from primary data collection.
- Execute data management, analysis, and interpretation following best practices in sustainable business theory and practice.
- Apply relevant sustainable business frameworks, evaluation criteria, and systems thinking techniques to ensure recommendations are feasible and make strong sustainability contributions.
- Work effectively in a team setting to produce results.
- Manage project and client relationships effectively.
- Prepare a professional consulting report.
- Present research and recommendations to client and other relevant stakeholders.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Sustainable Business Leadership Consulting Project Delivery (BSUS 5300) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Sustainable Business Leadership Consulting Project Delivery (BSUS 5300)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.