- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The Supervision of a Chemical Transfer Operation Bridging course is specifically designed for existing certificated personnel presently serving in the industry who hold a SOTO certificate. It will be approximately 15-hours of instruction at an approved training facility. A student who successfully achieves all of the requirements of the course will be eligible for a SCTO training certificate.
- Supervisor of Oil Transfer Operations certificate; MED with respect to STCW Basic Safety or MED A1 and B2; completion of a Restricted Radio Operator examination and Proof of Medical Fitness (A valid Seafarers Medical).
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify health and safety hazards of chemical cargoes.
- Understand requirements and usage of personal protective equipment on a chemical barge.
- Understand how to use the North American Emergency Response Guide (NAERG) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- Sketch and describe the construction and operating procedures for product handling systems on a chemical barge.
- Demonstrate knowledge with respect to the planning, care, and control of different chemical products (segregation, cargo planning, cargo record book, Dangerous Goods declaration).
- Understand actions to be taken regarding spill prevention and response (Incident Command System (ICS), zoning, emergency response).
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2023
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Supervision of a Chemical Transfer Operation Bridging (MSSM 1065)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.