This course upgrades collision repair technicians in structural diagnostics and three-dimensional measurements. The student will learn how to make structural measurements, use a frame specification manual, set up and read various electronic measuring devices, and diagnose structural damages by using measuring devices. Both theory and hands-on training will be applied. Training is recognized as an ICBC c.a.r. shop technician upgrade course and counts as eight hours towards your accreditation status.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe three-dimensional measuring.
- Describe the various frame misalignments.
- Identify structural misalignments from electronic measuring worksheets.
- Perform measurements using a variety of manual / electronic measuring devices.
- Access and use a frame specification manual.
Effective as of Winter 2012
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Structural Diagnostics (ABOD 0103)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.