- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course provides specialized Chemical Tanker safety training. The course is designed to fulfil the requirements of Section A-V/1 of the STCW Code. The practical component of the course is carried out at Dynamic Rescue. The completion of this course is necessary to obtain the Specialized Chemical Tanker Training endorsement on a deck or engineer officer certificate. Refer to Section 228 of the Marine Personnel Regulations for details regarding the requirements of this endorsement and training according to personnel responsibilities and position on board.
- STCW Basic Safety; Advanced Fire Fighting; Oil and Chemical Tanker Familiarization training or Holder of an Oil and Chemical Tanker Familiarization certificate or endorsement.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe chemical tanker design and construction.
- Describe the development of chemical tankers.
- Discuss international and national codes and regulations.
- Describe ship design and cargo containment.
- Understand the chemistry of cargo and applied science.
- Describe cargo handling systems.
- Discuss chemical tanker operations
- Discuss pollution of the marine environment from chemical ships.
- Describe health hazards associated with chemical cargoes.
- Discuss the requirements of an emergency organization.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Specialized Chemical Tanker Safety Training (MSSM 2065)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.