- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course will cover emerging, specialized areas in Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity. The goal is to introduce new vulnerabilities, investigative techniques, and technologies. Students will be expected to develop new competency and knowledge in specialized areas, and they will also be expected to research and present topics of contemporary interest in Digital Forensics and Cyber security. Instructors will be drawn from a range of high tech companies, government organizations, and law enforcement communities.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Critically read and assess new research in Digital Forensics and/or Cybersecurity.
- Evaluate credibility, context, evidence, and soundness of reasoning related to the course topic.
- Describe, analyze and assess digital evidence related to the course topic.
- Identify ambiguity, controversy and complexity in the contemporary practice of Digital Forensics and/or Cybersecurity.
- Apply, in course assignments and discussions, cross-disciplinary approaches, ideas, and solutions.
- Produce written and oral arguments that demonstrate skills in critical thinking, reading, and writing..
- Present ideas and research findings in a research paper / project report.
Effective as of Winter 2018
Special Topics in Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity (FSCT 8592) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Forensic Investigation (Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity Option)
Advanced Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Special Topics in Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity (FSCT 8592)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.