- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. The exact cost will be displayed prior to confirming registration.
This course is designed for students with no prior knowledge of Spanish. Students will develop the four basic language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing), gain knowledge of Hispanic cultures, and learn how culture impacts business practices. Through interactive classroom activities and utilizing Spanish first-language multi-media materials, students will learn business terminology and the professional communication skills needed to handle business situations. Students will demonstrate their understanding of the Hispanic business environments through a range of individual and group activities, assignments and examinations.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of GLBL 5010 for the Fall 2023 term.
Thu Sep 14 - Thu Dec 14 (14 weeks)
- 14 weeks
- CRN 49311
Class meeting times
|Sep 14 - Dec 14||Thu||18:00 - 21:15||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
If seats remain, registration is permitted after the course start date up to September 13th by calling 604-451-6905.
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Apply appropriate phonetic rules and patterns to correctly pronounce Spanish words and sentences.
- Construct and comprehend simple sentences, using basic business vocabulary.
- Read and write basic business correspondence in Spanish.
- Analyze the cultural diversity of the Hispanic world and the aspects that characterize the business environments.
- Compare the similarities and differences between the Spanish-speaking cultures and their own.
- Interact effectively in real-life business scenarios in a culturally appropriate manner with native speakers.
- Develop strategies to enhance life-long learning of other languages and cultures by reflecting on the learning process through a learning portfolio.
Effective as of Winter 2021
Spanish Business Language and Culture (GLBL 5010) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Global Business Studies
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Spanish Business Language and Culture (GLBL 5010)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.