In this course in the students will learn the basics of various social media platforms for networking and integration, how to operate them effectively to communicate and grow an audience, build social media strategies for business and portfolio development, manage social media across various platforms to work efficiently together, and measure the metrics for specific campaigns to better adjust strategy accordingly. Students will be assessed by a combination of group projects, individual assignments and final exam.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Plan and Implement search engine optimization and metadata for social media platforms.
- Integrate web, mobile and social media campaigns for small businesses and portfolio marketing.
- Create, incorporate and manage social storytelling with web, video, mobile and standalone media.
- Create social media assets using current applications of the Adobe cloud creative.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills when working autonomously and in multidisciplinary teams.
- Create, optimize and promote personal or business profiles online.
- Use social media to stay up-to-date on information and news.
- Make informed and ethical decisions in online communications.
- Demonstrate awareness of copyrights issues online and social media.
- Analyze web traffic statistics to create actionable steps to increase conversation.
Effective as of Fall 2019
Social Media Networking (MDIA 2045) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- New Media Design and Web Development
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Social Media Networking (MDIA 2045)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.