This course provides security awareness for vessel’s personnel without security responsibilities, and is in accordance with regulation VI/6 of STCW convention and section A-VI/6 of the STCW code.
- A valid marine medical, 18 years of age, and proof of citizenship or permanent residence of Canada.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness.
- Recognize security threats.
- Explain the need for and methods of maintaining security awareness and vigilance.
- Recognize security responsibilities of the contracting governments.
- Report security incidents.
- Explain the importance of the ship security exercises and drills.
- Explain MARSEC levels 1, 2, and 3.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2014
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Security Awareness (MSEC 1001)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.