In this two-day workshop, you'll learn the basic ins and outs of how a Script Supervisor in the Continuity Department operates. Covering the fundamentals of Script Supervising and Continuity, you'll gain insight into the history and development of this position. With this in-depth overview of what the job entails, you'll have a clearer understanding if this is a career path for you.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of XBST 1009 for the Winter 2023 term.
Sat Feb 18 - Sun Feb 19 (2 days)
- 2 days
- CRN 89574
Class meeting times
|Feb 18 - Feb 19||Sat, Sun||10:00 - 16:30||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 135|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course offering is full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the concept of "Continuity" in relation to Film and TV
- Break down the roles and responsibilities of the Script Supervisor
- Recognize Continuity errors and prioritize major discrepancies over minor ones
- Discover the history of Script Supervising
- Better organize information
- Ask and answer script or continuity questions clearly and concisely
Effective as of Fall 2021
Script Supervision: The Overview (XBST 1009) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Script Supervision and Continuity for Film and TV
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Script Supervision: The Overview (XBST 1009)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.