- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Defines the contractor's and owner's role in construction as it pertains to site safety and accident prevention.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BLDT 2071 for the Spring/Summer 2024 term.
Mon Apr 15 - Mon May 27 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 29767
- Domestic fees $330.60International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Apr 15 - May 27
|18:30 - 21:30
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
No class on May 20 Stat Holiday. For this online course you must have internet access with minimum 56 KB modem. Please see: www.bcit.ca/distance/faq.shtml Important: Check your myBCIT email account to access information regarding this course. Class size is limited. Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information. Work must be completed weekly.
On successful completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the W.C.B. Regulation and ensure compliance with them.
- Understand the safe layout and safe equipment for construction sites.
- Understand and implement the important issues of programs to prevent accidents, injuries and industrial disease.
- Implement safe systems of work and the safeguarding of machinery.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Safety Legislation (BLDT 2071) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Supervision
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Safety Legislation (BLDT 2071)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.