Defines the contractor's and owner's role in construction as it pertains to site safety and accident prevention.
Below is one offering of BLDT 2071 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Mon Apr 11 - Mon May 30 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 29767
Class meeting times
|Apr 11 - May 30||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
This is an internet delivery format. For this online course you must have internet access with minimum 56 KB modem. Please see: www.bcit.ca/distance/faq.shtml Important: Check your myBCIT email account to access information regarding this course. Class size is limited. Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information. Work must be completed weekly. No class on April 18th or May 23rd - STAT HOLIDAY.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
On successful completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the W.C.B. Regulation and ensure compliance with them.
- Understand the safe layout and safe equipment for construction sites.
- Understand and implement the important issues of programs to prevent accidents, injuries and industrial disease.
- Implement safe systems of work and the safeguarding of machinery.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Safety Legislation (BLDT 2071) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Supervision
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Safety Legislation (BLDT 2071)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.